Monday, January 30, 2012

Via dell'Amore

I confess I've procrastinated a bit posting the last batches of Italy photos, in part I think subconsciously because I didn't have any further travel planned and was trying to stretch out the fun.  In the past week, though, I've made arrangements for two trips in February, so it's time to go through the rest of the Italy memories.

These pictures are of the Via dell'Amore, the easiest walk of the Cinque Terre, which stretches between Manarola and the southernmost town, Riomaggiore.  Via dell'Amore--roughly translated as "walk of love" is basically a flat, paved path between the towns.  In some sections, chain link fences along the side have been decorated with padlocks, ribbons, twist-ties, and even some unmentionables, all by couples wishing to leave a sign of their love.



No comments:

Post a Comment