Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Caramel Pecan Rolls

Twice over the glorious long holiday break, I made these homemade caramel pecan rolls: once for Christmas morning, and once again upon request just after New Year's.  You really do all the work the night before, and in the morning have the reward of just popping them in the oven and waiting for deliciousness.  Sweet, sticky, warm deliciousness.

This picture really doesn't do it justice: I want to make them again (and again..) both to eat and to try to take better photos.  The recipe is excellent.  To feed four, I did cut the amount of dough in half, but kept the original amount of caramel sauce, which I would recommend.  The only other change I made was to use a 9" round pan, which gives the rolls a nice round shape but admittedly does not leave quite enough room for them to rise before baking, so I'll try the called-for 9"x13" pan next time around.  This is one recipe I don't mind tackling over and over again to perfect, because even the first-time results were so incredible!


No comments:

Post a Comment