Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oreo Truffles

One of the easiest and yet most delicious desserts in my arsenal are these Oreo truffles, which definitely came in handy last night when it was very late and I had yet to start making something for today's holiday potluck at work.  I've made these before with regular Oreos, and used Trader Joe's candy cane Joe-Jos this time to be extra festive (and because that's what I had).


Instructions as follows: crush a box of Oreos (with a food processor if you have one; mine is currently on loan and fortunately I found a combination of a rolling pin and a hammer works great, too).  Mix in a brick of room temperature cream cheese.  Roll into balls; dip the balls into melted semisweet chocolate.  Set to dry on parchment paper and sprinkle if desired.  Cool in the fridge to set.



In a hurry, I took these pictures with my iPhone, so they're not mind-blowing but you get the idea.  Warning: they are very dense and sweet, so just a small bite and you might be running for milk, but you'll be back for another bite right away! 


No comments:

Post a Comment