Monday, December 5, 2011

Eastern Market

This past weekend I got a bit of Christmas shopping -- and a lot of window-shopping -- done at Eastern Market, which is one of those places that just makes me love Washington, DC.  My favorite aspect of Eastern Market is actually the open air vendors and stalls, plus the flea market across the way.  I could while away hours there, browsing random jewelry, vintage ads, photos, and housewares.  The Christmas trees and wreaths for sale in early December only add to the festive spirit.



If you have to differentiate yourself from the other vegetable vendors somehow, why not a giant rainbow umbrella?



A brisk morning didn't keep the crowds away.





1 comment:

  1. I love these photos! I went to the Eastern Market over Thanksgiving a few years ago and loved it. It was a great "always there" farmers market space, and I loved the fish "restaurant" inside - excellent sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete