Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Le Jardin Exotique

As promised, this is an entire post dedicated to "le Jardin Exotique," which is set at the highest point of Eze Village.  If you ever are lucky enough to go to Eze, absolutely do not balk at the 5 euro entrance fee for this garden.  I read a review in advance claiming it was the best 5 euros you could spend on the French Riviera, and I'm inclined to agree.  I went a little photo-crazy there, because I found the statues very compelling, with the graceful lines set against the lush, steep hillside.


I love that she has her hands in her pockets, as if waiting indifferently for something or someone interesting to come along.



I find the blurred eyes fascinating, especially paired with the knowing smile.



The way the garden is arrayed, it's difficult to view this statue's face, which I imagine is deliberate: who knows what she might be thinking of?



I'm having fun with short depth-of-field again. 



I can't deny it: I desperately want these deck chairs.  Of course, it might be helpful to have a deck to put them on first.



This little guy is tucked away off a little pathway through the garden. 



Fun with angles and perspective this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment